PLEASE NOTE: There were several glitches while recording this video series. Because of the problems Christmas Candle Acrylic Painting Tutorial will remain up for FREE indefinitely here and on Facebook @ArtOfTheGYPSY
Hello. I am known as The GYPSY and I will be your teacher for Christmas Candle which will be an Acrylic Painting based on a photograph of a Beautiful Candle Themed Christmas scene.
I picked this particular photograph to create an Acrylic Painting from because of it’s simplistic theme and dark hued tones which translate well into Acrylics. Also because it will display several technics used in Acrylic Painting. People, especially beginners, can learn many things when creating a painting that contains various tones of the same color elements.
Be sure to print off a copy of this photo https://www.artist-alley.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Christmas-Candle-scaled.jpeg to use as a reference point when we create this painting.
This is a beginner tutorial. However anyone at any skill level will enjoy this instructional, interactive video tutorial. Whether you are just beginning to explore the Artist Life or you are fully immersed in the world of art this is a laid back, safe space where you can learn about painting while having fun in the process!
If you’ve already participated in a painting class with The GYPSY, or are just considering it, this is the place for you! Internationally award winning artist The GYPSY will be sharing video tutorials, virtual paint nights, helpful painting techniques, exercises, positive reinforcement and basic skills to get you going on your own Artist Life.
SUGGESTED MATERIALS are provided below – but feel free to get creative and use whatever you have on hand:
- ACRYLIC PAINT: A Standard Collection Of Primary Acrylic Paints. Acrylic Paint Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3KGUcHC
- BLENDING MEDIUM: Slow Drying Blending Medium To Keep Paints Moist and Workable. Blending Medium Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3R7N0Xs
- ACRYLIC CRAFT PAINT: Used For Background Coating Of Canvas Board. Craft Paint Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3AGmUUx
- CANVAS: 16×20″ Gessoed Canvas Panel. Canvas Panel Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3B69wum
- BRUSHES: A Basic 10 Acrylic Brush Mix Set Will Do (same as watercolor brushes but suggest using a separate set) . Brush Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3AyVoZ1
- PAINT PALLET: 11″ x 14″ Plastic Cutting Board. The recommended plastic cutting board makes an easy to manage and clean pallet for your paints. Recommendation: https://amzn.to/3BbdHFk
- -Hair Dryer (to dry paint for layers)
- – Ruler (Yard Stick)
- – container with water
- – Paper towels
- – Apron (or clothes you don’t mind potentially getting messy in!)
🎨 Share your works in progress, ask technical questions and share your finished projects in our supportive Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/theartistlifecreations
I hope you will enjoy creating this Acrylic Painting with me as much as I will enjoy creating it with you.
If You Enjoyed This Video Please Consider Making A Donation To Disabled American Vets